Sunday, May 17, 2009

Son of a ...

Well, it was probably less than forty-eight hours that my hand felt one hundred percent before I hurt it again - and this time it's worse.

I hadn't bent anything in the last few days and everything felt like it was aligned so I decided to go for a 1/4 X 5 grade 5 from FBBC. I wasn't sure whether I could do it in under five minutes, but I was confident that I could do some serious damage to it.

I honestly don't know what happened, I didn't hear any kind of pop or crunch, but after hitting it hard for a few minutes I knew something wasn't right. Now I have a spot right off of the center of my palm in my right hand that's swollen and bruised - it almost feels like something got pushed out of place.

The worst part about it was that it was at the beginning of my workout, which pretty much crapped up the rest of my performance. I did manage some reps and holds on my hub and some decent kettlebell work, but V-bar, deads and two hand pinch were a bit painful.

They say that God doesn't close a door without opening a window, so I'll assume that this is the perfect time to get my left hand caught up to my right on grippers and to really work the research on my "squat theory".

No comments:

Post a Comment