Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Swingin' & Intervals

The last two nights have been all conditioning work, Monday was 25 minutes of intervals on the stair climber and last night consisted of a few hundred (250 to be exact) kettlebell swings. The swings were not the traditional though, Hands were alternated every swing with a toss/catch to add an element of hand/eye coordination to the equation.

I also had off of work yesterday and we (my wife and I, two of my brothers and my sister-in-law) took the kids bowling. It was a first for both of my kids, they caught on quickly, had a great time and did surprisingly well. I, on the other hand, didn't perform as well as I would have liked - fluttering just below the century mark in the first game and just above it in the second game, it's a good thing I don't try to make my living as a professional bowler. I did have a very good time though, and the kids have already asked when we can go again - maybe after a few months of semi-regular excursions to the lanes I can get myself up to a somewhat respectable score.

The New Year is literally right around the corner, for those of you planning on fitness resolutions remember that about 75% of resolutions fail because they aren't very realistic. If you plan on making a resolution, make sure that it is a clearly defined one that is possible to reach if you want to stick to it and achieve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment