Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Miracle

After a few days of wrapping my wrist at night - everything is A-OK, I even did some plyo push ups to give it a real test, with no pain at all.

I hope everyone's holiday was top notch, mine certainly was. Santa and relatives were all very good to the kids who are pretty much on cloud nine with all of the toys/activities they got and I didn't do too bad either. I got a nice new weighted vest from my lovely wife (which I'm actually wearing right now) some new clothes and a few gift cards.

My brother-in-law was home from the Navy this past week and I've got family coming in from Tennessee tonight so the good times should continue right through New Year's Day.

As far as workouts were concerned I skipped Christmas day all together, but today I've done some conditioning work and plenty of body-weight stuff (+ weighted vest). I feel good, but I may still hold off on grip training for another day or two just to be safe.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my goals, many of which I either accomplished or made excellent progress with through '09. Financially speaking I should be in prime position to execute a move to working completely from home before Summer and training went exceptionally well this year. The only goal I set for myself that I didn't either achieve or come as close as I would have liked to was certing on the CoC #3 - a couple of minor injuries certainly got in the way and I don't think my original training plan was as sound as it probably could have been.

I'm going to approach the New Year with the very same passion I did for '09, the difference will be that I've learned from my mistakes of last year - I'm more experienced and stronger both mentally and physically. It's going to be a big year for me and I hope that I can help make it a big year for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment