Sunday, January 31, 2010

Deads and Pinching

Deads were on today's agenda in the dungeon, which is a good thing because I had a strong desire to move some iron since waking up this morning. Started out with 2 sets of warmup X 10 reps, then followed with 3 X 3 work sets and six sets of singles. Focus was on form and explosion off the ground.

Two hands pinch on my redneck Euro Pinch, eight sets of singles increasing weight with each rep. I don't do barely enough pinch work and I think that my overall grip strength is suffering because of it - my goal is to add some form of pinch work (1 hand, two hand, plates or blocks) to workouts a minimum of two times a weeks and see what kind of benefits is has for overall grip strength.

Finished up with some direct neck work with a head harness, 3 sets from all angles; some plate swings and a little core work

No comments:

Post a Comment