Monday, August 10, 2009

More Swingage

Yesterday's workout was pretty much one long kettlebell swing session interspersed with a lot of (mostly hip) mobility work.

I completed a total of 245 swings, switching hands and taking short breathers when necessary. Before and after the swing session (as well as during some of the short breathers) I worked on loosening up my hip ankle and shoulder joints with some circular movements.

I'm not sure what kind of effect the swings/snatches that I've been (and will continue to be) performing will have on my deadlifts numbers, I've heard the translation between the two is great - I guess only time will tell. I've been using deadlifts as my main strength movement for years and have been implementing kettlebells of late for conditioning/explosiveness, I guess it's time that I try and marry the two forms of training to try and yield the best possible results.

I also worked some grippers (Vulcan for warm up and work sets followed by some spirited attempts on the # 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment