Friday, August 7, 2009

Deads, C & J & MORE GRIPPERS

I had a bit of a cold early on in the weak, which kept me from doing a whole heck of a lot of accessory work on Tuesday but I felt good yesterday. I decided to put pretty much all of my energy into deads and to work some technique on the barbell C & J.

I've worked some Oly lifting before, but mainly just with kettlebells and I think that focusing on some barbell cleans and clean and jerks will help me build more explosive strength (one thing I think that I'm currently lacking).

I jumped right back to where I left off before vacation on the 20 rep deads, though the last few were grinders. Thought I was going to be a little sore today, but I actually feel fine. In favor of my normal accessory work on dead day I worked a few sets of C & J, it took me a few reps to really start to feel the groove but once I got it, it felt surprisingly natural.

I didn't do any gripper work, as the title implies, but I think that I forgot to mention that I had spoken with John over at FBBC before I left for vacation and that I have two of his grippers on the way. For those of you who don't have any experience with John or his products, he is a class act and produces nothing but top quality strength/grip gear, so I'm looking very forward to their arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment