Friday, June 5, 2009

Good Workout Yesterday! + Tried Protyme protein powder

My hands were a little bit burnt from the recent gripper/kettlebell work, so I decided to not really do anything that would directly effect them yesterday. I opted instead on doing a bit of a variant of the old "Squats and Milk" routine, sans the milk.

I performed pretty much everything in one giant circuit with virtually no rest between the individual exercises, the weights were really nothing special but they weren't necessarily intended to be. I wanted to work intensely and quickly without stressing my hands, and I wanted to do something completely different from what I've been doing lately.

Warm-up
Squats 155 X 20
Dumbbell Pullovers 35 X 20
Stiff Legged Deadlifts 175 X 15
Dumbbell Pullovers 35 X 20
Dips bodyweight X 15
Axle Rows 90 X 12
Dips bodyweight X 15
Axle Rows 140 X 5
Dips bodyweight X 15
Axle Rows 120 X 6

Was in and out of the dungeon in about thirty five minutes, feeling great.

I'm normally not a huge supplement guy, aside from ACT energy drinks, I haven't really been taking anything, but when my sponsor BMF released Protyme protein powder I had to give it a shot. At 110 cals and 26 grams of protein with zero fat, Protyme certainly fit the bill in terms of keeping in line with my diet. I've tried a number of protein powders in the past and haven't really been a huge fan of any of them - most either didn't taste very good, or were a royal pain to mix without the use of appliances.

I was pleased to find that Protyme mixed up super easy in a simple water bottle, after just a few seconds of shaking - no lumps (that's a first from my experience.) Protyme actually tastes good as well, really good in fact - it was smooth and left no aftertaste - and for the first time that I can remember, I didn't have to force down the last of the bottle.

Props to BMF for putting together another incredible product, that delivers exactly what it promises on the label.

Thanks Bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment