Sunday, June 14, 2009

Good Workout and a New Toy in the Making

Today's workout pretty much focused solely on k-bell juggling. I did circuits of:

10 same hand flips one each hand
10 hand to hand flips
25 two-hand flips

I waited about 60-90 seconds in between circuits and if the bell dropped I immediately picked it up to complete the desired number of reps.

I performed six of the above circuits before moving on to 3 sets of 25 anchor pulls and 3 sets of 6 TGUs on each side.

After my workout was done I set out on making a new tool to add to the repertoire. I recently read an article from Steve Maxwell about making your own Macebell on the cheap - since I don't have the $200 to lay down on an "authentic" Macebell, I decided to give Mr. Maxwell's advice a try.

Here's a picture of the homemade Macebell setting up, should be ready to use in a few days. All it took was a heavy-duty shovel handle, a bucket of Quickrete and a mini basketball. I already had the b-ball, so my total investment was about $14.00 and maybe twenty minutes - can't wait to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment