Friday, July 17, 2009

Yesterday's Workout

I set my workout yesterday a little shorter than normal, I've been pushing pretty hard lately and I don't want to get to the point of overtraining - I think heading out on vacation next weekend is going to do my body some good.

I focused my workout around the "20 rep deads" without really attacking too much in the way of assistance exercises.

I warmed up with a few sets of one hand lifts then jumped right into deads. I felt strong and pulled 25 heavy singles, resetting my grip with each rep.

Once the deads were in the books I worked my core with a few sets of side bends and weighted sit ups then gave just a few atempts with each hand on pinching five dimes (all fails).

In and out in around a half hour, but the overall tonnage of the workout was definitely there - despite the session being a little shorter I didn't work with any less intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment