Monday, July 13, 2009

Yesterday's Work & Some New Equipment

Brief Updates:

Yesterday I decided to make the switch over to 20 rep deadlifts from the 20 rep squats. I was getting to the point that I didn't really feel comfortable with the amount of weight I was using with no means of safety - so the switch made sense. I also worked the blockweights quite a bit in addition to all the deads, so my grip got a heck of a workout.

Yesterday brought the arrival of my new 24K kettlebell, so that means I can start working on the SSST with the weight that I'm actually supposed to be using. Even though I was beat from the workout I couldn't resist a few snatches and BUP's - the thing feels like a beast compared to what I've been using so tomorrow should be lots of torturous fun.

Today my BBSM from Chad Woodall came in the mail as well - the knurling doesn't feel quite as brutal as on the BBSA - I'm looking forward to working with this gripper!

I've been tearing cards quite a bit lately in prep for Josh's virtual comp and loaded up on new decks this weekend, I hadn't torn in a few months prior to last week and am pleasantly surprised at how quickly it's all coming back to me.

I feel like I'm really starting to put all of the pieces together properly - so keep coming back and watch for some BIG things before the Summer is officially over!

No comments:

Post a Comment