Monday, October 12, 2009

Bizarro World

Yesterday's workout focused on a lift that I have not performed in quite a while - in fact, I darn near gave away a necessary piece of equipment in performing this lift the other day. The equipment: my bench, the lift: the bench press...


I thought my days of benching were done; a less than perfect elbow and shoulder had made the lift difficult for me to begin with and I learned what I thought of be much more productive ways of building the muscles that get worked by the bench - but somehow, someway I still ended up performing powerlifting's most popular movement.

All in all it went pretty well, no tweaks, twinges or pains and I alternated each set of bench with a set of heavy power cleans to avoid any feelings that my workout was unbalanced.

I feel good today, a little residual soreness, but nothing more than I would have expected from performing a lift that I hadn't done in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment