Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Get Reflective

I'm the parent of two young children and that means that I have to get creative sometimes when I workout. Of course they come down to the gym with me and go on bike rides, but I can't very well take both of them with me on a ten mile run - so that means that I have to wait until after my wife gets home from work to hit the road.

Back in the old days I wasn't much for safety equipment, but all of that changed when I started a family. So now, at 10:30 p.m., when I strap on my running shoes - I also strap on some reflective gear to make me visible to drivers.

I've tried a number of different nighttime running apparatus: everything from blinking lights to arm bands and vests to hats and I've certainly been able to pick out a few favorites and a few that I'd rather skip the road and stay home for a run on the treadmill than wear again.

The Amphipod Luminous-Lite Reflective Vest is the vest that I use when I head out on late night runs for a few reasons...

Number one - It's super lightweight, allows for total freedom of movement and it stays where it's supposed to, making it the most comfortable vest on the market - in all seriousness I barely even notice that I'm wearing it.

Number two - It's super easy to put on and take off, the last thing you want to do when your exciting about getting out on a run is to struggle for ten minutes fighting on an ill fitting vest and the last thing you want to do after a brutal ten miler in the heat is struggle with anything.

Number three - It will make you noticeable without making you a spectacle. This vest is easy to see from all angles, which will keep you safe, but there are no big flashing lights or bells and whistles that will draw undue attention or distract you while you are trying to focus on your run.

For these reason, the Luminous-Lite Vest from Amphipod takes home top honors on the list of Best Reflective Running Gear:

No comments:

Post a Comment