Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Intro to Bending

Bending nails, bolts and other forms of steel in both the braced (with help from another part of your body, like the leg to lean on) and unbraced (making no contact with the steel with anything other than your hands) has been a strongman feat that has been impressing onlookers for hundreds of years. My personal journey into bending just began recently, but within the short period I feel that I'm showing good progression.

Here is a video of me bending two 1/4 X 6 grade 2 bolts at the same time...



Grade 2 are the weakest of the graded bolts, but bending two together coumpounds the strength required to perform it, turning it into a reasonably difficult feat - I'm currently awaiting arrival of some bending stock from Fat Bastard Barbell Co (link to the right) consisting of some much more difficult bolts (grade 5) as well as a few horseshoes to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment