Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Inventory Sucks but Stomach Viruses are Worse

I've got "physical inventory" coming up at my day job this week, those of you who've ever had the pleasure of working in a warehouse or retail establishment probably know my fate all too well.

It's days of prep followed by hour after hour of monotony, counting thousands and thousands of pieces of thousands and thousands of items - it promises to put a proverbial damper on my Thursday and Friday evenings (maybe very, very late evenings) and, worse case scenario, much of my Saturday afternoon as well. It wouldn't have been so bad but for Thursday being one of my intense training days - which could have been transitioned to today - enter the dreaded stomach virus...

My son (just under two, and visible in both my more recent card tearing and my most recent bending videos), came down with a nasty stomach bug yesterday evening. Poor little guy threw up more than half a dozen times since the first.

Knowing that a normal training session would be impossible this evening at home with my wife at work I opted to make my lunch hour a training session of sorts.

I managed two hundred Hindu Squats, one hundred push-ups and somewhere around thirty pull-ups before my time expired - tonight I'll hit some grippers and if time allows after I get the kids to bed maybe even a few k-bell snatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment